Posts Tagged "ziggety-zag bracelet"
Ziggety-Zag Bracelets are great quick projects to start at a meeting and let girls finish at their own leisure at home. Please refer to the Friendship Bracelet Knots page for instructions on how to make the knots mentioned below.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- Cut 4 colors of craft thread to 65″ lengths.
- Fold strands in half together, make a loop and knot at the top. Tape or pin the knot to your workstation.
- Arrange the color strands: A,A,B,B,C,C,D,D.
- Starting with strand A on the left, make 7 left-hand knots. A onto A, A onto B, etc.
- Continue making left hand knots with each strand until you come to the last D strand.
- With the last D strand, make 6 left-hand knots and one left-right knot.
- Starting with the right D strand, make 7 right-hand knots. Continue making 7 right-hand knots with each of the strands on the right until you get to the last A strand.
- With the last A strand, make 6 right knots and one right-left knots.
- Using the same A strand, make 6 left-hand knots.
- Repeat from step 4 until you have reached your desired bracelet length.
- Once the bracelet is long enough, tie a knot at the end, leaving a 4″ tail and trim.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the tail end to the looped end.
- Only older girls should use the safety pins to secure the starting end of the bracelet.