Please refer to the Friendship Bracelet Knots page for instructions on how to make the knots mentioned below.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- 4 colors of craft thread
- Tape or safety pins
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Cut 4 colors of craft thread to 65″ lengths.
- Fold strands in half together, make a loop and knot at the top. Tape or pin the knot to your workstation.
- Arrange the color strands: A,A,B,B,C,C,D,D.
- Starting with strand A on the left, make 7 left-hand knots. A onto A, A onto B, etc.
- Continue making left hand knots with each strand until you come to the last D strand.
- With the last D strand, make 6 left-hand knots and one left-right knot.
- Starting with the right D strand, make 7 right-hand knots. Continue making 7 right-hand knots with each of the strands on the right until you get to the last A strand.
- With the last A strand, make 6 right knots and one right-left knots.
- Using the same A strand, make 6 left-hand knots.
- Repeat from step 4 until you have reached your desired bracelet length.
- Once the bracelet is long enough, tie a knot at the end, leaving a 4″ tail and trim.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the tail end to the looped end.
- Only older girls should use the safety pins to secure the starting end of the bracelet.
Quick Shopping for This Project
- DMC Prism Value Craft Thread Jumbo Pack
- Fiskars Creative Works Comfort Grip 7" Scissors
- Staedtler 12″ Shatterproof Ruler
- Dritz Quilting Tape Measure ¾”x120”-
- Safety Pins gold no. 3 pack of 50
- Scotch Magic Transparent Tape