This is a great easy craft for younger girls. I used to make these with my grandmother too, so it’s a great family craft. You can use these very basic instructions or allow the girls to embellish the reindeer clothespins more with paints, glitter, ribbons, etc. Super easy and super cheap.
- Wood spring clothespins
- #12 flat brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Red mini pom pom
- Small wiggle eyes
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Thick craft glue
- Honey Brown acrylic paint
- Paint wood area of three clothespins Honey Brown. Let dry.
- Position two clothespins side-by-side and adhere with glue.
- Position third clothespin in opposite direction and adhere to small end of double clothespins for reindeer head.
- Position and adhere eyes and pom pom nose.
- Adults should work with the hot glue gun only.
Quick Shopping for This Project
- Whitney Design 04700 Wood Clothespins – 50 Count – 72mm
- Assorted Kids Brush Tub
- Bienfang Multi-Palette Disposable Paper Palette 9 in. x 12 in. pad of 50 without thumb hole
- Accent Design Pom Pom 3 mm 40 pc Red
- Wiggle Eyes 5mm-30mmPaste-On 120/pkg
- Cables to Go 40 Watt Hot Glue Gun
- All-Temp Glue Sticks
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue – 1pt
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic 2 oz Honey Brown