Posted by Trish | Posted in Crafts, Meeting Activities | Posted on 02-03-2014
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- Start with a sheet of purple felt. Fold it in half.
- While the felt is still folded, draw a series of lines across the fold about 2″ apart. Do not draw them all the way to the edge – leave about ½” at the edge.
- Use chalk and the ruler to draw the lines before cutting the felt. Use a damp sponge afterward to wipe off the chalk once the mat is put together.
- Starting on the folded end of the felt, cut along all the lines. When you unfold the piece of felt, there should be ½” border that is uncut.
- Using a sheet of pink felt, cut strips about 2″ wide that are as long as the width of the purple felt.
- Lay the purple felt on a table so it’s lengthwise. Starting on the upper left corner, help the girls weave a pink strip down through the first slit, up through the second, down through the third, and so on through all the slits.
- Weave the second strip of pink through the purple so it alternates from the first strip. Make sure that each new piece of felt is pushed up next to the previously woven piece.
- Continue weaving strips in this way until there’s no room for any more strips.
- When you’re done weaving, secure each strip of woven felt using glue. You might also have to trim the woven edges a bit to make the edges of the place mat even.
- Trace a heart onto the red felt, and then a smaller heart onto the pink felt, trying to keep the same basic shape of the heart. Cut out the pieces. Only glue the edge of the “v” of the larger heart onto the mat as shown. This will leave a pocket to hold the silverware. Glue the smaller heart onto the larger heart. Let dry before using your woven placemats!
- Adult supervision is required at all times.
- Adults should handle the scissors and cutting when working with younger girls.
Posted by Trish | Posted in Cookies, News | Posted on 02-08-2013
Photo by KaiChangVong on Flickr
Yes, you read that right! It may be blasphemy to suggest that cookies be enjoyed with a beverage other than milk, but to celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Day, the fine folks at Wine Club Reviews & Ratings have paired your favorite Girl Scout cookies with the appropriate wine to enjoy them with! Check out their article to learn about wine paired with Girl Scout Cookies!
Some of their wisdom:
When snacking on these shortbread cookies with lemon-flavored icing, grab a buttery Chardonnay like the 2009 Cambria Chardonnay from Uncorked Ventures.
Go give the entire article a read here: Pairing Wine With Girl Scout Cookies
Posted by Trish | Posted in Contests, News | Posted on 05-25-2012
Create a Pinterest Board and enter to win a Gift Certificate to Beau-coup. If you love planning every detail of the perfect party, this is your chance to express your personal creativity. They are giving away three gift certificates for the most creative themed birthday party boards on Pinterest. Show your themed birthday party ideas for a chance to win up to $250 so you can throw the ultimate themed birthday party! Just click on the image below to find out all the details.
While you are there, check out their graduation party favors and summer wedding favors, Beau-coup has party favors for all occasions, helping you celebrate life, one event at a time. Good luck!
Posted by Trish | Posted in Meeting Activities | Posted on 10-29-2011
Illustrator Jen Goode of JGoode Designs, has put out another great color page for the upcoming holiday! Halloween is Monday and before it’s time to trick or treat, you can color! As well, a lot of meetings are on the weekend, so this can be a great last-minute activity for your meetings this weekend!
Download the coloring page here.
Posted by Trish | Posted in Songs & Music | Posted on 09-03-2011
Day is done, gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hill, from the sky.
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.
Thanks and praise for our days
‘Neath the sun, ‘neath the stars, ‘neath the sky.
As we go, this we know, God is nigh.
Buy Taps (feat. United States Air Force Band) on iTunes!