Please refer to the Friendship Bracelet Knots page for instructions on how to make the knots mentioned below.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- 5 colors of craft thread
- Tape or safety pins
- Rulers or measuring tape
- Cut 2 pieces of each color thread to 36″ in length.
- Make sure the ends are even and loop one end and knot together. Tape or pin down in the order you want the colored stripes.
- Start on the left side and make a left knot with the first color. Make left knots with this color across the remaining strands.
- Start again on the left side and make left knots across with the other strands.
- Repeat knots always starting with the left thread and working left to right. A diagonal pattern will begin to form.
- Work until the length is right for your wrist.
- Once the bracelet is long enough, tie a knot at the end, leaving a 4″ tail and trim.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the tail end to the looped end.
- Only older girls should use the safety pins to secure the starting end of the bracelet.
Quick Shopping for This Project