This is a great craft to start the new year off right, especially if you’re adding new girls to your troop. You can have each girl make a dragonfly friend and then swap them randomly, and those two girls will be buddies for the next field trip or outing.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- Chenille stems
- Pony beads
- All-purpose glue
- Wiggle eyes
- Pom poms
- Cut 6″ piece of chenille stem; fold in half.
- Slide 9 pony beads onto the folded chenille stem, leaving the folded end about ¼” exposed.
- Glue mini pom pom onto folded end.
- Glue 1″ pom pom to other end of the chenille stem for the head.
- Using another chenille stem, fold the ends in towards the center, overlapping the ends at the center by an inch. Shape the ends to create loops, twisting the loose ends around the center to create a bow. Position the overlap ends for legs.
- Glue wings between beads and head.
- Glue wiggle eyes in place.
- Adult supervision is required.
Quick Shopping for This Project
- Chenille Stems – Pack of 1000, Assorted
- Chenille Kraft Pony Beads, Assorted
- Fiskars Creative Works Comfort Grip 7″ Scissors
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue
- Wiggle Eyes 5mm-30mmPaste-On 120/pkg
- Craft Pom Poms 300/Pkg-Assorted Colors