Posts Tagged "Gobble Gobble T-Shirts"
Gobble Gobble T-Shirts are great crafts around Thanksgiving. As well, this craft can very easily be done while teaching the girls more about the origins of American Thanksgiving and the importance of tradition and family. If t-shirts are a little outside the budget for your troop during this down economy, you can change the medium to poster board and make the same design on posters for decorations during Thanksgiving.
- White t-shirt – pre-washed
- Fabric paint (nontoxic): red, gold, green, orange, brown, and white
- Alphabet foam stickers
- T-shirt board or wax paper
- Paper plate or pallet paper
- Paper towels
- Sponge brush
- Place the t-shirt board inside of the t-shirt.
- Use the sponge brush to place paint colors on the girl’s hand and fingers.
- Have the girl steadily place her hand on the shirt to print the turkey, pressing gently on each finger to make sure the paint prints. You may need to hold her hand to help keep the print from smearing.
- Carefully lift her hand straight up off the shirt to avoid smudging. Immediately wash her hands with soap and water.
- Brush red paint on foam alphabet stamps and press on shirt and let dry.
- Use fabric paint to add detail to turkey, such as legs, beak and eye and let dry.
- Adult supervision is required at all times.
- Ensure that all paint is dry before you let the girls take their t-shirts home.
- Double check that all paints used are nontoxic.
Remember that if you don’t have a t-shirt board, you can place a sheet of wax paper inside the shirt to prevent transfer of the paint.Read More