Posts Tagged "Velcro"
This Felt Change Purse is a fun project for Junior and Cadette scouts who are older than the interest of most craft projects, and old enough to be trusted with a needle. This project takes 1-2 hours to do, depending on how adept the girls are with a needle and thread. Of course, you can split this into two meetings with doing the cutting & prep work in one meeting and the actual assembly of the purses in another. There’s a great video on how to do the blanket stitch mentioned:
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- Floss #907
- Large eye needle
- Felt – black, purple, turquoise, gold, & pink
- 1″ sticky velcro
- 2 daisy brads
- Tacky glue
- Straight pins
- Fabric die cut machine
- Cut black felt square in half to 6×9″.
- Fold up 3¾” and pin in place.
- Thread needle with floss & use blanket stitch to stitch up sides.
- Fold down flap 1¼”, press with finger to crease.
- Center sticky Velcro under flap & attach to purse & flap.
- Use Revolution to cut out flowers & leaves from felt.
- Attach with tacky glue and daisy brads.
- Adult supervision is required when girls are using scissors and needles.