This Summer Key Chain & Necklace project is perfect to celebrate the coming of summer! You can easily customize it by finding beads or charms that reflect any of the activities your troop did over the summer. For example, if your girls went to summer camp, you could find wooden beads or a metal tree charm to attach to the end of the key chain.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- Thread large turtle bead onto necklace cord.
- Working on one side at a time, add a star then alphabet beads to spell “summer”. Add another star, contrasting bead, and another star.
- On the opposite side, add a star then alphabet beads to spell “rocks”, using a heart bead as the “o”. Add another star, contrasting bead, and another star.
- Tie off the cord at the ends.
- Cut a 12″ piece of stretch lacing. Fold it in half and place the folded end through the hole at the bottom of the plastic hook, bringing the ends through the look creating a “larks head” knot onto the keyring.
- With the cords together, slide on a silver bead, palm tree bead, and another silver bead.
- Separate the cords and ad beads as desired to personalize the key chain with a name, troop number, camp name, unit, or anything else you want!
- Bring both sides together again and add a silver bead, a sun bead, and another silver bead.
- Tie the ends together and trim the excess cording.
- Adult supervision is required when using scissors.