Posts Tagged "s’mores"
Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Celebrates by Partnering with TheMotherhood to Inspire Families to Share Special Moments with S’mores
National S’mores Day is August 10, and there is no better way to celebrate the occasion than with the delicious combination of purely delicious Hershey®‘s Milk Chocolate, crisp graham crackers and toasted, gooey marshmallows. This summer, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate has partnered with influential social media moms from TheMotherhood, an award-winning web community of 13,000 mothers, to provide sweet and easy tips for families to celebrate National S’mores Day and enjoy S’mores all season long.
“National S’mores Day is another great reason to gather family and friends to enjoy this classic summertime treat,” said Emily McKhann of TheMotherhood. “Combining Hershey’s Milk Chocolate, graham crackers and toasted marshmallows is the perfect way to sweeten any summer day and create lasting memories.”
Tips for Creating S’mores Smiles
S’mores have been a centerpiece of summertime since the recipe was first published in the Girl Scouts handbook in 1927. The classic treat is fun to make and offers families and friends an activity they can enjoy together. Below are some quick and easy tips for enjoying S’mores on National S’mores Day and everyday:
- Family Activity S’mores – Make S’mores a family activity by getting everyone involved. Little ones can be in charge of assembling the graham crackers and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars while adults and older children take care of roasting the marshmallows. Once your S’mores are ready, dig in and enjoy this tasty treat together.
- Grilled S’mores – For a fun new way to enjoy S’mores, try making them on the grill! Simply wrap S’mores in aluminum foil and place on a medium-hot grill and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side. When you’re done you’ll have S’mores that are grilled to perfection.
- Party with S’mores –The next time you’re invited to a summer party, bring S’mores ingredients as your contribution to the gathering. Guests will love making gooey S’mores and you’ll be a hit at the party.
- Summer Vacation S’mores – S’mores aren’t only for camping! Many hotel chains offer fire pits or grilling areas which are perfect for making S’mores to help sweeten your trip and create a new family tradition. Staying home this summer? You can also build S’mores at the park or playground in the designated picnic or grilling area.
Say S’mores and Share Memories
This summer, families can showcase their favorite S’mores memories by visiting Hershey’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hersheys to download the Say S’mores application. Families are invited to participate in monthly themed photo contests for a chance to win S’mores-themed prizes, including a camera, photo printing gift card, outdoor fire pit, roasting skewers and all of the ingredients needed to make S’mores.
For more tips on creating S’more’s summertime memories or to participate in the Say S’mores photo contest and view official rules, please visit the Hershey’s brand Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hersheys.
SOURCE The Hershey Company
Save 10% at HersheysStore.com! Enter Code HERSHEYSAVE. Offer Expires 9/30/2011.Read More
It’s always fun to have the girls put together their own trail mix before a big hike or other outdoor adventure. It also makes for a great meeting activity! This recipe comes courtesy of Kenmore Cub Scout Pack 529 in upstate New York; a friend helps run the pack & shared this super easy, super yummy recipe with me. Enjoy!
S’mores Trail Mix
- 1 Box Golden Grahams Cereal (16 oz)
- 1 Bag Miniature Marshmallows (10.5 oz)
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips (12 oz)
Mix the Golden Grahams Cereal, mini marshmallows & chocolate chips in large bowl or plastic bag. Scoop 1-½ cups into smaller bags, mixing occasionally.
Makes 11, 1-½ cup servings.Read More