Posts Tagged "Natura"
This Trick or Treat Yarn Wreath is a super easy project for younger girls and just in time for Halloween. The colors of yarn chosen can easily be changed to fit any holiday or theme, so feel free to adapt the colors!
- Black yarn
- Orange yarn
- Wire coat hanger
- 4″ wide cardboard
- 1½” wide ribbon
- Purchased Halloween decorations, assorted
- Fine wire
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- With pliers, shape hanger into circle, then bend hook for the hanging loop.
- Wind yarn 20 times around the cardboard. Slip these strands off the cardboard. With a separate 8″ strand of yarn, tie strands together at center (see Figure 1); do not cut the yarn loops.
- Using the ends of the 8″ strand, tie the bundle to the ring, positioning the bundle perpendicular to the wire (see Figure 2). If necessary, trim off the ends of the 8″ strand.
- Make another bundle and tie to the ring adjacent to the previous bundle. Continue to make bundles and tie them to the wire in the same way, positioning each bundle against the previous bundle and working around the ring until the entire wire circle is filled.
- Make a bow from the ribbon. Wind yarn or fine wire through an area that can be hidden and tie or twist around wire ring. With hot glue, attach smaller decorations.
- Always supervise young girls when using the hot glue gun.
Here are the figures I referred to above: