Posts Tagged "embroidery floss"
Sometimes it’s worth investing in some cool craft gadgets for your troop! Or, as a gift for your favorite troop leader! We hope that this Crafty Gift Guide will help lead you in the right direction for your favorite troop leader, troop mom, or just generally crafty friend! This equipment and supplies will really step up your game. And pay attention to the $300 savings on that laser printer! Supplies are limited on that one!
Before you point out that a Girl Scouts Cookie Oven isn’t really related to crafts, COME ON how awesome is this?! Why wasn’t this a thing when we were kids? It’s been thrown in for fun! Click the image to enlarge it a bit if you need.
- Cricut Explore Air™ Machine + EVERYTHING Starter Set ($379.99 | Cricut.com)
- Beadsmith RV Beading Loom ($49.99 | Create and Craft)
- Girl Scouts Cookie Oven ($48.98 | Sears)
- Plaid Adhesive Vinyl ($3.25 per roll | Happy Crafters)
- Canon MF212w Mono MFP Wireless Laser Multifunctional Printer/Copier/Scanner (
$399.99$99.10 | Walmart.com)
- Happy Press – 15″ x 15″ – Nearly New T-Shirt Press ( $316.00 | Happy Crafters)
- Singer 8763 Curvy Electronic Sewing Machine ($179.99 | Joann.com)
- Essential 40 Color Embroidery Starter Kit With Rack ($79.99 | ThreadArt.com | 10% off w/ code SAVE10)
- Xyron 250 Create-A-Sticker Machine ($19.99 | Walgreens.com)
- Adult Coloring Books ($5.99 – $24.99 | Michaels.com)
This Felt Change Purse is a fun project for Junior and Cadette scouts who are older than the interest of most craft projects, and old enough to be trusted with a needle. This project takes 1-2 hours to do, depending on how adept the girls are with a needle and thread. Of course, you can split this into two meetings with doing the cutting & prep work in one meeting and the actual assembly of the purses in another. There’s a great video on how to do the blanket stitch mentioned:
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- Floss #907
- Large eye needle
- Felt – black, purple, turquoise, gold, & pink
- 1″ sticky velcro
- 2 daisy brads
- Tacky glue
- Straight pins
- Fabric die cut machine
- Cut black felt square in half to 6×9″.
- Fold up 3¾” and pin in place.
- Thread needle with floss & use blanket stitch to stitch up sides.
- Fold down flap 1¼”, press with finger to crease.
- Center sticky Velcro under flap & attach to purse & flap.
- Use Revolution to cut out flowers & leaves from felt.
- Attach with tacky glue and daisy brads.
- Adult supervision is required when girls are using scissors and needles.