Posts Tagged "diagonal knotted bracelet"
A Diagonal Knotted Bracelet is a great project to start during a shorter meeting or craft session and have the girls finish later in their down time. Please refer to the Friendship Bracelet Knots page for instructions on how to make the knots mentioned below.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- Cut 2 pieces of each color thread to 36″ in length.
- Make sure the ends are even and loop one end and knot together. Tape or pin down in the order you want the colored stripes.
- Start on the left side and make a left knot with the first color. Make left knots with this color across the remaining strands.
- Start again on the left side and make left knots across with the other strands.
- Repeat knots always starting with the left thread and working left to right. A diagonal pattern will begin to form.
- Work until the length is right for your wrist.
- Once the bracelet is long enough, tie a knot at the end, leaving a 4″ tail and trim.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the tail end to the looped end.
- Only older girls should use the safety pins to secure the starting end of the bracelet.