Posts Tagged "adhesive tape"
Spring and Summer are coming soon, which means all sorts of swimming, boating, and other water-based activities to cool down under the hot sun. It’s important that every troop have a water safety kit (or two!) with them when playing in, on, or around the water. This does vary a bit from a traditional first aid kit with some specific items. For girls of all ages, this can be turned into a fun meeting activity in preparation for a water-based outing in building their own mini kits or assisting in putting together the main troop kits.
To put together smaller, personal water safety kits, buy large packages for the contents in the kit. Portion out any liquids in smaller, travel size containers.
- Durable in extreme hot and cold
- Sized for personal or group needs.
- Adhesive bandages, assorted sizes.
- Adhesive tape.
- Liquid soap.
- Cold packs.
- Disposable latex gloves.
- Roller gauze, assorted sizes.
- Elastic bandages.
- Sterile gauze and pads, assorted sizes.
- Topical sting relief.
- Sunblock (SPF 15 or higher)
- Triangular bandages.
- Sugar packs.
- Resuscitation mask.
- Reusable plastic bags.
- First aid reference guide, such as American Red Cross’ First Aid Fast or American Red Cross’ Sport Safety Training: Injury Prevention and Care Handbook.
Include the following additional items in delayed-help environments
- Emergency space blanket.
- Flashlight and spare batteries.
- Nylon cord.
- Insect repellent.
- Water purification tablets.
- Waterproof container of matches.
- Splinting materials.
- High energy food bars.
For more, read Basic Water Rescue, a booklet published by the American Red Cross.Read More