Please refer to the Friendship Bracelet Knots page for instructions on how to make the knots mentioned below.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- 5 colors of craft thread
- Tape or safety pins
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Cut two 65″ lengths of each color for 10 strands total.
- Even out all the strands and together, fold all in half to form a loop at the top and knot. Pin together or tape the loop to your work surface.
- Arrange the strands in mirror order for these colors: A,B,C,D,E – E,D,C,B,A.
- Start on the right with strand A. Working towards the center, make four right-hand knots: A onto B, A onto C, etc. Stop at the center.
- With strand A from the left side, make 5 left-hand knots. A onto B, A onto C, etc. The fifth knot should join the 2 middle strands together. Your color order should now be B,C,D,E,A – A,E,D,C,B.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the bracelet is the desired length.
- Once the bracelet is long enough, tie a knot at the end, leaving a 4″ tail and trim.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the tail end to the looped end.
- Only older girls should use the safety pins to secure the starting end of the bracelet.
Quick Shopping for This Project