Please refer to the Friendship Bracelet Knots page for instructions on how to make the knots mentioned below.
Want to share photos of your troop and finished projects? Contact Us!
- 3 colors of craft thread
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Tape or safety pins
- Cut four 36″ lengths of color A, two 36″ lengths of color B, and two 36″ lengths of color C.
- Make sure the ends are even, loop one end and knot together. Pin or tape the loop to your work surface.
- Arrange the strands in this color order: A,A,B,C,C,B,A,A
- On the left side, make a left knot with A onto A. Repeat knot with A onto B, then with A onto C.
- On the right side, make a right knot with A onto A. Repeat with A onto B, then with A on C.
- Make a right knot in the center with A onto A to complete the V shape.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, working with the outside threads to the center.
- Once the bracelet is long enough for your wrist, tie a knot at the end, leaving a 4″ tail and trim.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the tail end to the looped end.
- Only older girls should use the safety pins to secure the starting end of the bracelet.
Quick Shopping for This Project